- Deutscher Studienpreis 2020 der Körber-Stiftung
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship (short-term), für DoktorandInnen und PostdoktorandInnen
- Ausschreibung des GOstralia! Research Centre: 16 DoktorandInnenstipendien
- Call for Applications: Doctoral Researcher Positions in Research Training Group (SELF) at BIGSSS
Enrollment as (international) Doctoral Student
Would you like to enroll for a doctorate at the of Wuppertal?
For application of admission and personal enrollment at the International Office the following documents are required:
- personal resumé / curriculum vitae
- degree certificate(s)
- abstract of your Master's thesis or degree thesis
- written letter of acceptance (international PhD students) for supervision by a UW professor
- (where applicable) confirmation by your future supervisor that you may write your thesis in a language other than German
- (where applicable, and where the thesis is to be written in German) evidence of command of the German language
- evidence of university attendance (list of subjects/courses studied and grades attained, transcripts etc.)
- if you are or were already enrolled at a German university, the most recent certification of enrollment or renewal of registration must be submitted, with details of subject and semester
- completed application of admission.
- a German translation must be submitted with foreign certificates written in any language other than English
- all certificates should be submitted in the form of attested copies
- application for admission is either to be submitted by post to the UW's International Office or in person.
Enrollment always takes place at the following dates:
- for the winter semester: until October 15;
- for the summer semester: until April 15.
Semester and tuition fees
Doctoral students are exempted from UW tuition fee, but they must pay the semester fee on initial registration and on renewal of registration for each sub-sequent semester. The deadline for renewal of registration for summer semester is March 15, and for the winter semester September 15.
Refund of semester ticket costs
Postgraduates living outside the NRW (North Rhine-Westphalia), who only attend UW for occasional consultations and examinations, can apply to the Allgemeinen Studierendenausschuss (ASta – Student Union) for a refund of semester ticket costs. Should the refund be granted, they will not then be entitled to free travel within the VRR network.
Please enclose the following documents with your application:
• university certification of your diploma/master’s thesis or of your work placement / internship
• evidence of your place of residence during this period (copy of passport or of residential registration certificate)
• printout of travel permit
Please note that costs will be refunded only for complete calendar months. Click here for further information about the semester ticket.