- DocColloq, digitales interdisziplinäres Doktorandenkolloquium für Promovierende aller Fachrichtungen
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) - Forschungsstipendium für hochqualifizierte Postdocs aus Deutschland
- Abenddeutschkurse – German in the Evening SoSe 2021
- ERASMUS+ Doktorand*innen- und Dozierendenprogramm
- Studienwerk Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung: Stipendien für Studierende und Promovierende aus der MENA-Region , nächste Bewerbungsfrist: 1. März 2021
Project support for doctoral students
You want to organize – on your own or as a team – a specialist workshop or conference, or publish a book.
The CGS promotes research projects initiated by postgraduates. We provide financial and organizational support for guest lectures, method workshops and other academic activities. Funding applications should be directed to the CGS. We also provide financial support for lecture tours and travel to conferences.
Project support goals
CGS project support aims to
- promote networking and exchange of ideas among postgraduates and postdocs from UW and other German and international universities
- intensify the research activities of young academics
- support PhD students in completing their thesis and in the run-up to the doctoral examination
- foster interdisciplinarity
- provide opportunities for the acquisition of key (organizational, communicative etc.) career competencies
- expand UW’s range of academic offers
- promote UW’s image as a research center of excellence.
Financial support for lecture tours and conference travel (income related)
- Funding is income related and capped as follows:
500 Euro max. per person a year (with a 50%-post, a scholarship or without funding)
375 Euro max. per person a year (with a 75%-post)
250 Euro max. per person a year (with a 100%-post)
150 Euro max. per person a year (with a 50%-post, a scholarship or without funding)
125 Euro max. per person a year (with a 75%-post)
50 Euro max. per person a year (with a 100%-post)
- For travels in Germany or abroad individually motivated execeptions to this rule or other hardship regulations can be made (i.e. if the progress and success of a dissertation project depends on it).
- Conference fees will be fully refunded on submission of original invoices.
- Travel costs will be refunded on the following basis: Deutsche Bahn (German rail) return ticket.
- Accommodation costs cannot be refunded.
- Expenses for materials will be fully refunded on submission of original invoices.
- If you would like to take part in a conference without giving a paper yourself, you are kindly asked to justify why the CGS should nevertheless support your conference travel.
- Scholarship holders are expected to apply to their own funding source.
- All PhD students should first seek funding from other sources – e.g. DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), their faculty or their supervisor.