- DocColloq, digitales interdisziplinäres Doktorandenkolloquium für Promovierende aller Fachrichtungen
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) - Forschungsstipendium für hochqualifizierte Postdocs aus Deutschland
- Abenddeutschkurse – German in the Evening SoSe 2021
- ERASMUS+ Doktorand*innen- und Dozierendenprogramm
- Studienwerk Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung: Stipendien für Studierende und Promovierende aus der MENA-Region , nächste Bewerbungsfrist: 1. März 2021
Enrollment for doctorate
Would you like to enroll for a doctorate at the University of Wuppertal?
The online Enrollment always takes place during the following periods:
- for the winter semester: May 15th - October 15th.
- for the summer semester: December 15th - April 15th.
In special cases, it is also possible to request a registration at a later date from the students' office. The request can be made by email or by post. However, all the necessary documents need to be handed in by November 30th (winter term) or May 31st (summer term) at the latest.
Renewal of registration always takes place between the following dates:
- for the winter semester: June 15th – December 15th
- for the summer semester: December 15th – March 15th.
Complete the appropriate form below (in German only!), ask your future supervisor to sign it, and ask your faculty to stamp it (all three steps are necessary):
Enrollment form for all remaining faculties:
for holders of a German diploma (Bildungsinländer)
for holders of a foreign diploma (Bildungsausländer)*
*In addition, holders of a foreign diploma need to fill in an application for admission.
Hand in the completed, signed and stamped form to the Student Administration Office at Grifflenberg Campus.
External applicants – i.e. those who have taken their first degree at another university – must initially register at UW online. In addition to the above-mentioned form, further documentation is required. You will receive an actual list at the end of your online-registration (after you logged out) with receipt of the "Einschreibebogen" ("enrollment-form").
Semester and tuition fees
Doctoral students are exempted from UW tuition fee, but they must pay the Semester fee on initial registration and on renewal of registration for each sub-sequent semester. The deadlinen for the renewal of registration is March 15th (summer terms) and September 15th (winter terms). Click here (in German) for information about the NRW Semester ticket.
Refund of semester ticket costs
A refund of semester ticket costs is possible under certain conditions. For further details, please contact the Students´Union of the UW: www.asta.uni-wuppertal.de.