- Deutscher Studienpreis 2020 der Körber-Stiftung
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship (short-term), für DoktorandInnen und PostdoktorandInnen
- Ausschreibung des GOstralia! Research Centre: 16 DoktorandInnenstipendien
- Call for Applications: Doctoral Researcher Positions in Research Training Group (SELF) at BIGSSS
Applying to take a doctorate in Wuppertal (International Students)
You are an international graduate intending to apply for a doctoral program at UW.
If you are an international graduate intending to take a doctorate at UW, you should first contact the relevant faculty, department or institute and clarify that you fulfill the required conditions and that you will find a professor at UW to supervise you.
Send your potential supervisor a letter or e-mail with the following information:
- outline of your proposed research
- details of your experience in that field
- personal resumé / curriculum vitae.
If the response is positive, you should apply to UW's International Office for admission and enrollment. The final decision on admission and/or any further conditions to be fulfilled is taken by the doctoral degree examinations board.
For application of admission and enrollment at the International Office the following documents are required:
- personal resumé / curriculum vitae
- degree certificate(s)
- abstract of your Master\'s thesis or degree thesis
- written confirmation of acceptance (international PhD students) for supervision by a UW professor
- (where applicable) confirmation by your future supervisor that you may write your thesis in a language other than German
- (where applicable, and where the thesis is to be written in German) evidence of command of the German language
- evidence of university attendance (list of subjects/courses studied and grades attained, transcripts etc.)
- if you are or were already enrolled at a German university, the most recent certification of enrollment or renewal of registration must be submitted, with details of subject and semester
- completed application of admission.
- a German translation must be submitted with foreign certificates written in a language other than English or French
- all certificates should be submitted in the form of attested copies
- You can apply for admission by sending the documents listed above (attested copies) by post to the UW's International Office. The enrollment can also take place at the International Office in person.
Application deadlines :
- summer semester: 15.04.
- winter semester: 15.10.