- ERASMUS+ Doktorand*innen- und Dozierendenprogramm
- Studienwerk Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung: Stipendien für Studierende und Promovierende aus der MENA-Region , nächste Bewerbungsfrist: 1. März 2021
- Fulbright Germany: Ausschreibung der Stipendien für Doktoranden, Bewerbungsschluss 1. April 2021
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2. Interdisziplinäre Graduiertenkonferenz in Trier
Tony Irawan MSAEWirtschaftswissenschaft
Brief biographical details:
Tony was born in Jakarta (Indonesia) in 1982. He finished his bachelor degree at Bogor Agricultural University in 2004. Then, he continued his study at University of Adelaide, Australia and received his Master Degree on Applied Economics in 2007. Currently, he is also working as lecturer and researcher at Department of Economic, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia.
Abstract of thesis project:
Southeast Asian countries (ASEAN) are currently one of the most important countries as Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) destination. Even though not as big as China, FDI inflows to ASEAN countries have continuously improved. These conditions imply that ASEAN countries become more competitive to attract investment not only because the low cost of labor but also the big potential market within the region. Moreover, some researchers also argue that the low economic performance of some European countries and United States motivated investors to invest their money outside Euro and US. The thesis focuses on the character of FDI inflow in ASEAN countries by considering three main aspects of FDI, namely source country, host country and third-party country. If these three main aspects are taken into account in the FDI analysis, the difference between intra-region and extra-region FDI is important. Furthermore, the thesis will also analyze whether the volatility of FDI is important aspect to be considered.
Papers already presented:
Intra-Region and Extra-Region Foreign Direct Investment Inflow in South East Asian Countries
- “The Impact of Inflation on Rural Poverty in Indonesia: an Econometrics Approach”, published in International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 2010.
- “An Analysis of Energy Intensity in Indonesian Manufacturing”, published in International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 2011.
- “Decentralization Policy and Equality: A Theil Analysis of Indonesian Income Inequality”, published in International Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, 2011.
Other academic activities and memberships: