- ERASMUS+ Doktorand*innen- und Dozierendenprogramm
- Studienwerk Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung: Stipendien für Studierende und Promovierende aus der MENA-Region , nächste Bewerbungsfrist: 1. März 2021
- Fulbright Germany: Ausschreibung der Stipendien für Doktoranden, Bewerbungsschluss 1. April 2021
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2. Interdisziplinäre Graduiertenkonferenz in Trier
Maryam BahramiSustainable urban design
Maryam Bahrami has bachelor of Architecture and Master of urban design from Art university of Isfahan, Iran. After graduation, she taught various courses in the faculty of architecture and urbanism of Azad university of Kerman for more than 5 years. Moreover, she is an architect and urban designer with occupation license and design many building and urban projects. In one of which she won the third place in a national design competition.
Titel und Abstract des Dissertationsprojektes
Title: Thermal comfort in urban environments in hot-climates – considering heat islands and climate change adoption
The growing concern to urban designers is the rapid change in urban climate associated with urbanization. Therefore, urban design policies have shifted to a sustainable focus and cities have begun to develop new strategies to increase adaptation to climate change impacts.
In hot and dry climate cities, UHI (urban heat island) will most likely result in higher temperatures and lower air humidity and therefore have a negative effect on human comfort and heat stress in urban areas (Oke, 1994). Unpleasant climate would limit time spent outside to only when necessary (Dessai, 2002). A major consequence of this fact is the increasing use of air conditioning, resulting in higher energy costs for the citizens.
The special focus in this research is on hot-dry climate areas. In order to mitigate undesirable consequences of UHI in hot- dry Iranian cities, the vernacular climate adaptation principles of architecture and urban design need to be studied in detail.
The main objective of this survey is to investigate physical energy efficient strategies in Kerman city with hot dry climate. It tries to find sustainable recommendations to provide thermal comfort. To study the urban micro climate, simulation technique is used to modeling the environmental performance of the case study. Measurements will also be applied to validate the modelling. At last, after discussing the results of the previous analyses, adaptation recommendations will be determined.
- Bahrami, M. & Ghalehnoee, M. Evaluation of qualities affecting urban tourism in Shariati St. (Kerman). 2014. Scientific council journal of University of Science and Technology, 7:23-33, Tehran.
- Bahrami, M. Masoudi, A. the cityscape quiddity. 2013. Sara Sazan Technical Engineering Journal, 11:92-93, Kerman.
- Bahrami, M. determining environmental qualities enhance the sustainability of public life, 3rd. International congress on Civil Engineering, Architecture & Urban Development. Tehran, Iran 29&31 December 2015.
- Bahrami, M. Urban design framework with a focus on urban tourism, case study is the part of historical fabric of Kerman, 1st. International congress on Civil Engineering, Architecture & Urban Development, Tabriz, Iran 27&28 November 2013.
- Bahrami, M. Determining Urban Design Guidelines for optional and social activities enhancement in public spaces. 2017. 1st. National conference on knowledge-based Architecture and Urbanism. Tehran, Iran.
- Bahrami, M. Recognition of the concept of urban city scape and its effective factors in the design of urban space (Case study: Baharestan Square,Tehran).2017. 2nd International Conference on Civil Engineering, Architecture & crisis management. Tehran, Iran.
- Bahrami, M. The confusion among the uncertain spaces of the entrance to Kerman, Kermaneno news station, Jan.2018.
- The challenges with which Azadi square of Kerman faced. Kermaneno news station, March 2018.
- An inner development is a solution to the low population density of Kerman. Kermaneno news station, June 2018.
Sonstige wissenschaftliche Aktivitäten/Mitgliedschaften
- Member of the Construction Engineering Organization.
- Member of the Young governor's advisers.
- Member of the street Children's Charity Association .