- ERASMUS+ Doktorand*innen- und Dozierendenprogramm
- Studienwerk Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung: Stipendien für Studierende und Promovierende aus der MENA-Region , nächste Bewerbungsfrist: 1. März 2021
- Fulbright Germany: Ausschreibung der Stipendien für Doktoranden, Bewerbungsschluss 1. April 2021
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2. Interdisziplinäre Graduiertenkonferenz in Trier
I am from Rawalpindi, Pakistan, born in Abu Dhabi on 04.05.1983, I gained secondary and higher secondary schooling focusing on the subject economics in 2001 (F.G. Sir Syed Boys Sec. School and College, The Mall, Rawalpindi, Pakistan).
Prior to enter at Schumpeter School of Business and Economic, Bergische Universität as a PhD student, I gained experience as demographer on the post of research fellow at National Institute of Population Studies/United Nation Fund for Population Activities, Islamabad, Pakistan (2010). I studied Master Program in Economics at Graduate School, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, during 2007-2009 (major macroeconomics and Financial Economics). The Master thesis in Economics (Linkage between Corporate Sector Performance and FDI inflows: Evidence from Developing Countries) focused on the differences in FDI inflows and its impact on corporate sector performance across the economies. I worked as a banker (Credit and Risk Administrative Officer) at Allied Bank Ltd., Islamabad, Pakistan (2006-2007). I received MSc Economics and Finance degree (2004-2006) from International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan with majors in Financial Economics. I did Bachelor of Science degree (2002-2004) from University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan with majors in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics.
Outside economics world I use to hike, sketch and play cricket.
Titel und Abstract des Dissertationsprojektes
“An Inquiry into Uncertainty, FDI and Job Creation - Empirical Application to ASIA”
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Paul J. J. Welfens (Jean Monnet Chair for European Economic Integration, Wuppertal)
Abstract in Progress:
“This study envisages to examine behavior of FDI inflows to Asia where Macroeconomic uncertainty is coupled with political uncertainty. Objective of this work is to study the differences in FDI inflows and its performance in different countries or group of countries in ASIA. Particularly FDI performance in terms of contribution to economic growth and intensity to create jobs will be investigated empirically. The study combines both macro economic and political uncertainty. This work has special significance for the region as FDI has greater role to play. Again, jobless growth is an observable fact the world over and Asia is no exception to the rule”
- “Women Empowerment, Education and Child Immunization—Some Lessons from Pakistan Household Data” Presented at 2011 Annual meeting Southern Demographic Association, Florida. (Oct 2011).
- Multinationals Boost Economic corruption: A Case Study of Pakistan. (May 2008), Presented at: The Quality of Government Institute-Göteborg University, Sweden.
- Poverty Alleviation (According to Conventional and Islamic Perspective) (March 2006), Presented at: IIIE, International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Sonstige wissenschaftliche Aktivitäten/Mitgliedschaften
- Summer Semester 2010 at the Department of Economics, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.