Adineh KhojastehpourCultural Media Studies
- Date of birth: 17/06/1983
- Place of birth: Langroud, Iran
- 2001-2006, BA, English Literature, Guilan University, Rasht, Iran.
- 2006-2009, MA, English Literature, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran.
Titel und Abstract des Dissertationsprojektes
My project analyzes adaptations and appropriations of western literature in Iranian cinema in recent years and studies the images they construct of the modern Iran through their reception of the western literary works.
Papers Presented at Conferences and Invited Talks
- “A Marxist Reading of Tennessee Williams’ The Glass Menagerie.” Co-authored with Behnam Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi (2013). National Conference on Language, Teaching and Literature, Malayer University, Malayer, Iran.
- “On Literary Translation” (in Persian). October 17, 2013. Invited by Anjoman-e-Shere-e-Sepid-e-Babol (Free Verse Association of Babol, Iran).
- “The Poet Sings of Nation-Building: Nationalist Trends in Henrik Ibsen’s Peer Gynt.” Co-authored with Behnam Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi (2013). National Conference on Language, Teaching and Literature, Malayer University, Malayer, Iran.
- “Oedipus & Odysseus on Screen: Synthesis of Epic and Tragedy in Angelopoulos’s Ulysses’ Gaze”. Co-authored with Behnam Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi (2012). The First National Conference on Issues in English Literature and Language Teaching New Trends and Criticisms, Lorestan University, Khorramabad, Iran.
- “Role and Significance of translation Studies in Comparative Literature.” Co-authored with Behnam Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi. Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran. 2012.
- “On Charles Dickens’s Life and Works”. August 20, 2004. Invited by Kanoon Parvaresh Fekri Koodakan va Nojavanan (The Center for Intellectual Development of Children and Young Adults, Langroud, Iran
Chapters Published in Scholarly Journals (in English)
- Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi, Behnam and Adineh Khojastehpour. (2014). “A Poet Builds a Nation: Hafez as a Catalyst in Emerson’s Process of Developing American Literature.” k@ta 16.2: 109-118.
- Khojastehpour, Adineh and Behnam Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi. (2014). “The Present State of Comparative Literature in Iran: A Critical Study. Inquire: Journal of Comparative Literature 4.1. http://inquire.streetmag.org/articles/151
- Khojastehpour, Adineh and Behnam Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi. (2014). “The Reception of Classical Persian Poetry in Anglophone World: Problems and Solutions.” Socrates 2.1: 39-49.
- Ghaderi-Sohi, Behzad and Adineh Khjastehpour. (2010). “Beginning in the End: Poetry of Greek Tragedy in Theo Angelopoulos’s Ulysses’ Gaze and The Weeping Meadow.” Literature/Film Quarterly 38.1: 59-72.
Chapters Published in Scholarly Journals (in Persian)
- Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi, Behnam and Adineh Khojastehpour. (2015). “Different Readings of Classical Persian Texts in the Light of New Historicism.” Literary Text Research 19.1: 161-180.
- Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi, Behnam and Adineh Khojastehpour. (2014). “Comparative Literature in Russia.” Comparative Literature Journal of Academy of Persian Language and Literature 5.9: 65-88.
- Mirzababazadeh Fomeshi, Behnam, and Adineh Khojastehpour (2013). “Demystifying New Historicism through a Critical Look at the Papers Applying the Approach in Iran.” Literary Criticism Quarterly 6.33: 7-28.
- Ghaderi Sohi, Behzad, and Adineh Khojastehpour. (2010). “Epoch/Nation-Building through Drama: A Comparative Study of Ibsen and Nassirian’s Dramatic Ambitions with a Glance at Peer Gynt and The Wandering Nightingale”. Journal of Comparative Literature 1.2: 139-165.
- Ghaderi Sohi, Behzad, and Adineh Khojastehpour. “Playing with Myth-Makers: Poetry and Mythology of Greek Tragedy in Theo Angelopoulos’s Poetic Cinema.” Research Journal of the Iranian Academy of Arts 3.14: 109-125.
Reviews (in Persian)
- “A Review of: Analysis of Shamlou’s and Eliot’s Poetry and Thought Based on Characteristics of Modernity”. Literary Criticism Quarterly 6:22, 2013. 173-181.
- “Book Review: Principles of Comparative Literature (Arabic-Persian)”. Comparative Literature Journal of Academy of Persian Language and Literature 2:6, 2013. 209-218.
- “Review of the Iranian film The White Sheet”, Film Monthly 21:295, 2003. 105.
- Review of the Iranian TV serial A Passenger from India. Jam-e Jam Daily. 16 August 2003. 15.
- Review of the Iranian TV serial Stay with Me. Jam-e Jam Daily. 17 May 2003. 14.
Sonstige wissenschaftliche Aktivitäten/Mitgliedschaften
University of Tehran, Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Tehran, Iran.
- Research Assistant to Professor Behzad Ghaderi-Sohi in a project on Ali Nassirian, 2008-2009.
University of Guilan, Rasht, Iran
- Member of the editorial board of the student magazine published by the Center of Film and Photography
- Member of the Center of Film and Photography
- Member of the Center of Young Poets