- Ausschreibung - Programm STIBET-Doktoranden /// Announcement - STIBET Doctoral Students Programme
- Stellenausschreibung: 9 Stellen am DFG-Graduiertenkolleg an der Universität Rostock zu vergeben
- Jetzt um ein DAAD-Doktorandenstipendium bewerben!
- Wissenschaft Kommunizieren! Autumn School für Nachwuchskräfte aus Wissenschaft und Kommunikation
- Einladung zur Jubiläumsveranstaltung "Frauen untereinander - miteinander: 30 Jahre Gründung der Offenen Frauenhochschule Wuppertal"
3rd International Conference on Fires in Vehicles (FIVE), Berlin, 01 -02 October 2014
von Julian Bulk
Fires in vehicles pose a significant threat to life and property. Recently, fires in buses have been in focus due to catastrophic incidents for example in Germany. Train fires are also high on the research agenda due to recent European-based research projects such as TRANSFEU. A nightmare scenario is a large vehicle fire in a tunnel. At the same time new fuels and electrical vehicles are emerging in response to our need for sustainable transport alternatives. Such alternative vehicles introduce new fire challenges that need to be accounted for.
In response to the pressing need for international dialogue the international FIVE (Fires In Vehicles) conference was organised. The objective of this conference is to exchange knowledge of fires in vehicles, including both road and rail vehicles. In recognition of the fact that many of the fire problems faced by these vehicles are the same, the solutions to them can also be similar.
FIVE brings together scientists, regulators, test engineers, industry, suppliers, insurance companies and other organisations from the diverse field of transportation to discuss important fire issues. This exchange of knowledge significantly enhances economic and safe solutions to problems in the fire area.
The first FIVE conference took place 2010 in Gothenburg, SWEDEN. Almost 230 delegates from 20 countries attended FIVE 2012 in Chicago, USA.
In 2014, more than 160 participants from 18 countries came to Berlin to join the 3rd FIVE conference. Beside 25 technical presentations, the conference provided poster sessions, a banquet dinner and lots of space for technical exchange among the participants.