- Ausschreibung - Programm STIBET-Doktoranden /// Announcement - STIBET Doctoral Students Programme
- Stellenausschreibung: 9 Stellen am DFG-Graduiertenkolleg an der Universität Rostock zu vergeben
- Jetzt um ein DAAD-Doktorandenstipendium bewerben!
- Wissenschaft Kommunizieren! Autumn School für Nachwuchskräfte aus Wissenschaft und Kommunikation
- Einladung zur Jubiläumsveranstaltung "Frauen untereinander - miteinander: 30 Jahre Gründung der Offenen Frauenhochschule Wuppertal"
“Financial Globalization and Sustainable Finance: Implications for Policy and Practice” (29.-31.05.2013), Cape Town (South Africa)
von Ute Filipiak
The conference “Financial Globalization and Sustainable Finance: Implications for Policy and Practice” was a special issue conference of The Journal of Banking and Finance and held in Cape Town, South Africa, from May 29-31 in 2013.
The main topics of this conference were financial stability and sustainable finance. The intention was to investigate the links between financial stability and sustainable finance from various perspectives, with research based in macro-, micro- and institutional economics as well as corporate finance and financial markets. Approximately 100 participants attended the conference and presented their current research. Topics about financial market development and privatization were discussed by the keynote speakers Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (CON), governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, and Bill Megginson from the University of Oklahoma.
I was invited to present my working paper “Trusting Financial Institutions: Out of reach, out of Trust?” in a session entitled “Investor Behavior and Sentiments” on May 31. Prof. Panu Kalmi from the Cornell University in Finland was the discussant of my paper and gave me valuable feedback. Moreover, I discussed my paper with the audience and received helpful comments.
During the conference, I attended a large number of inspiring presentations and had interesting talks with many economists working in related research fields. My participation at the conference of “Financial Globalization and Sustainable Finance” will surely have an impact on my current research and my future career.